two core program student learning objectives B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
This assignment is designed to meet our two core Program Student Learning Objectives:
PSLO #3: Conceptualize and appreciate the point of view of one’s counterparts in communicative interaction while attempting respectfully to incorporate their viewpoints into one’s own
PSLO #4: Analyze forms and contexts of communication from a variety of intellectual perspectives (philosophical, historical, theoretical, and practical)
Paper: 5-6 pages
USE THE ANNOTATED BIB BELOW FOR SOURCES
Your paper should:
- Provide a detailed analysis of a gender/sex issue. (Work)
- This section of your paper should emphasize PSLO #4 and connect to and define key course concepts.
- Explore multiple perspectives via intersectionality. Because we emphasize intersectionality in this course, this section of your paper should respectfully address multiple perspectives and multiple solutions (if applicable.)
- This section of your paper should emphasize PSLO #3 and connect to key course concepts.
- · Make an argument and/or take a position that advances the diversity and inclusivity aspects of CSUSM’s mission, which states that “ownership of diversity, educational equity and social justice is a shared responsibility that every member of the CSUSM community must be actively engaged in for success to be achieved.”
- In this assignment, you should take ownership of the mission and specifically consider how we can create more diversity, more inclusivity, more equity, and more justice for more people through the analysis and critique of gender/sex.
Additionally, your paper should demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the study of gender/sex from an intersectional perspective.
- Understanding of the key theories and concepts in gender studies.
- Sensitivity to the complexity of gender/sex in everyday interaction.
- Self-awareness of the influence of your own identity groups on gender/sex interactions.
- Willingness to be a self-reflective, flexible, and open communicator
- Attention to the 4-6 page limit. This will require editing and attention to writing style. Please feel free to meet with me in office hours for feedback well before due dates. Please also make use of the Writing Center.