solutionfirst main point – problem details onlysecond main point – solution B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
- You will be graded for:
- Organization, delivery, sources and in-speech source citation, language, time, etc.
- Added this time will be:
- The use of Monroe’s Motivated Sequence (new organizational pattern; the use of proper persuasion for immediate action)
- Minimum 4 credible sources minimum in the body of the presentation
- Make sure that works cited page is formatted correctly and that you cite all sources properly in the presentation)
- 5-7 minutes
- Outline (using the new template that I provide)
- Outline needs to be in complete sentences
- Send outline drafts early for review and adjustment
- Be sure to include a references page in proper format
Key Changes for the Persuasive Presentation
- Purpose Statement: “Today I am here to convince you TO….so that…”
- Thesis Statement: Problem; however, Solution
- First main point – Problem details only
- Second main point – Solution (detailed process, steps, direction, tell us about the organization if that is your topic
- Third main point – Show how the solution helps fix the problem
- Call to action – Takes the place of the closing statement. Directly challenge the audience to specific action.
- Topic: Amnesty International
- Attention Getter: A stat on the number of people in jailed in foreign countries
- Purpose Statement: Today I am here to convince you to join Amnesty International so that through your actions you can help free prisoners of conscience worldwide.
- Credibility: Having been a member for over 10 years and having seen what they can do I believe that they can help change the world but they always need more help.
- Thesis Statement: Everyday people are thrown into horrific jail conditions simply for who they are or what they believe; however, Amnesty International is doing all they can to free them and influence new policy.
- Preview of Main Points: Today I will be covering the details of innocents being jailed, the organization Amnesty International, and lastly the difference they make and how you can help them.
- The Most Important thing is that you follow the requirements and focus on the organization of the presentation ( Outline, requirements, and an example of the introduction organization are attached) The topic will be about (Why we should physically exercise daily?)
- will give you more infromation when it is assigned