social mediamandatory american health insuranceamerican national service requirement create one “ pro ” paragraph W r i t i n g
Do not plagarize
- Write descriptively, using the five senses, about one place that has influenced you in a positive way. You should use descriptions and details to paint a clear picture of this place.
For your first written assignment, you will write a descriptive paragraph based about someone that is significant to you. Within that paragraph, you will have to use description and reflection to write about this person.
- What do you think the biggest difference is between an unreliable source and a reliable source?
- Why do you think a “reliable, scholarly” source is always stressed in academic writing?
you will be creating one paragraph in which you respond to a question with evidence and practice writing in the third-person perspective.
Let’s consider a scenario: You have been working for a fairly well-established investment firm for the last four months. You and a coworker were both assigned to write a report on the same startup business to determine if you should invest in it. Your coworker asked to see your report to verify some data. The next day, you and your coworker hand in the same report.
In your initial post, consider these questions:
- How would you feel in this situation?
- How would you deal with this type of plagiarism situation in the workplace?
- What actions should your boss take?
You should select a fun product that is interesting to you. You can write one paragraph about the “pro” of using the product and one paragraph about the “con” of the product. You can pick your own product, but here are some suggestions:
- Non-water-proof mascara
- An SUV
- Organic food
- Scented candles
- Black flavored licorice
For this assignment, select one (1) of these issues to write about:
- Free Speech Regulated on Social Media
- Mandatory American Health Insurance
- American National Service Requirement
Create one “pro” paragraph in support of the issue and one “con” paragraph against the issue. You need to include one academic and reliable source in the “pro” paragraph and one in the “con” paragraph.
In your initial post, consider the following questions:
- What would you consider to be the biggest difference between a fact and an opinion? How would you use a fact in your writing and how would you use opinion in your writing?
- Why do you think that people get confused about the difference between a fact and an opinion?
Provide two statements at the end of your post. You can call them Statement # 1 and Statement # 2. One statement should be a fact and one should be an opinion. Do not state which is the fact and which is the opinion.
In this assignment, you will write the introduction to your Argument Essay. The Argument Essay Argument Essay – Alternative Formats is due at the end of Unit 7. This week, you just have to create the first paragraph for that essay. You will be able to get feedback from your instructor and then revise the introduction when you submit the Unit 7 Argument Essay.
Please begin by selecting an advertisement for a popular product, such as soda, food, clothing brand, or a car. Write one paragraph considering the advertisement rhetorically by answering these questions: How does the advertisement logically (logos) sell the product to the consumer? What emotions (pathos) does the advertisement create in you after viewing it? What makes you trust (ethos) the brand in the advertisement or not trust them? Please include a link to the advertisement in your post. Make sure to review the Readings and Resources on the use of the rhetorical appeals in the unit.
Some people really love revision. Other people prefer just to hand in what is required of them without revising or changing any of the assignment. Consider the following questions about revision:
- What is your opinion on revision and how often do you revise your work?
- What are the dangers of not revising your work?
Share an example from your work this term of a piece of writing that you actually revised.
In this argument essay, you will demonstrate your ability to create a logical and fair argument that answers ONE of the below questions:
- Should free speech be regulated on social media?
- Should health insurance be mandatory for all American citizens?
- Should Americans be required to complete some form of national service?
You will need to use three academic and reliable sources within your essay. Your essay should have a clear introduction, body paragraphs, a conclusion, and a references page.
In the introduction discussion from Unit 1, you were asked about your feelings regarding writing coming into the class. Let’s review how you feel now about your progress with writing this term.
In your initial post, answer these questions:
- How have those feelings changed or evolved as you complete this course?
- How do you think writing will be used in your major and in your career?
- Finally, what questions about writing do you still have?
After having the opportunity to complete the course, what would you change and why? What topic particularly caught your interest and what do you want to know more about? Last, but not least, if you could share with the next class one piece of advice about this class, what would it be? Please note that this pertains to the class, the materials, flow/organization, etc