please see option 2 paper attached H e a l t h M e d i c a l
The purpose of this assignment is to provide students with a practical exercise in information gathering interview skills while at the same time providing them with some information about possible career choices. Students should locate a person, or observe an online video of someone who currently holds approximately the same job and title that he or she hopes to hold in five years.
ASSIGNMENT: Observe an expert via an online source (youtube, video, or job database) and take notes to include in your paper. You must cite your source and document this at the end of your paper. Please see option 2 paper attached
Here is a list of just a few of the questions that might be asked. You should prepare a list of questions yourself using suggestions from the text:
o What is a typical day like?
o What has your career path looked like?
o What jobs and experiences prepared you for your current position?
o Is there anything you would have done differently in pursuing your current field?
o What skills are most desirable and important in this field?
o What is the most rewarding part of your job? What is the most challenging?
o Can you recommend other individuals in this field that I should speak with?
- –Exactly what does your job entail?
- –What are the educational requirements for the position?
- –What do you like the most (or least) about the job?
- –What future changes do you see in this field
- Informational Interview Reflection:Write a reflection on your informational interview experience which addresses the following questions. Remember all outcomes of your informational interview can be viewed useful even if you discover a dislike for the occupation. This experience can be a valuable learning opportunity to explore multiple career areas, and reassess your plans as needed.
- After speaking with a professional in this field, or observing a professional in a recorded interview or movie, how has your understanding of a career in this industry developed (e.g. what have you learned?)
- What was the most useful piece of information you took away from your conversation, or observation?
- Is this a career path you will consider pursuing? Why or why not?
- What steps will you take next to either pursue this career path or explore other career areas