module ten discussion board thread titled B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
This week, in Module Nine, you will post your initial response, while next week, in Module Ten, you will respond to two other learners’ posts. This allows you additional time to make your initial post strong, robust, and well supported. You will complete both parts of this discussion in the Module Ten discussion board thread titled The Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Today’s world of business is significantly impacted by technological advances. This blurring of boundaries between the physical, digital, and biological world is referred to as the Fourth Industrial Revolution (IR). Advances in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, the internet of things (IoT), 3D printing, genetic engineering, quantum computing, and other technologies impact the way work gets done, how products are produced, and how companies achieve their objectives. Regardless of the company’s size, age, or industry, advances in technology such as artificial intelligence are making their way into the daily practices of companies, and companies must consider the implications of the Fourth IR when developing strategic plans.
Consider the role these advances can play in your selected company’s strategic planning. Then, compose your initial post by addressing the following guidelines:
- Provide a brief overview of the company you have chosen for your project; where is it headquartered, and what are the services or products it provides?
- Pick an aspect of the Fourth IR (advances in artificial intelligence, robotics, the internet of things, 3D printing, genetic engineering, quantum computing, or another technology).
- How could this impact a company’s strategic planning?
- Specifically, how could this aspect play a role in the strategic planning for your company?
- Within your company, what are two dangers of this aspect of the Fourth IR?
For each discussion, you must create one initial post: For your initial post, do the following:
- Write a post of 1 to 3 paragraphs.
- Consider content from other parts of the course where appropriate. Use proper citation methods for your discipline when referencing scholarly or popular sources.