least two additional scholarly research sources related W r i t i n g
In the health care industry, change may come in the form of demographic change, regulatory change, or other some other form. For a health care organization to be sustainable, health care leaders must embrace a lifestyle of change to create the culture of a learning organization that is amenable to and supportive of innovation, adaptation, and change. In this assignment, you will draw on knowledge from prior course as well as this course to explore the relationship of sustainability and change in the health care industry.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
EdD Organizational Leadership with an emphasis in Health Care Administration
12.1: Analyze the governance and structure of healthcare institutions.
12.3: Analyze strategies of fiscally sound staff development.
12.4: Evaluate approaches to inter-professional teaming and collaboration
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to Chapters 2-4 of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Write a paper (1,000-1,250 words) that describes the relationship between sustainability and change in the health care industry. Include the following in your paper:
- A research-based discussion of the arguments for creating governance and structures of a health care organization based on the concept of a learning organization. Why is a learning organization a sound structure for a health care organization? (Benchmarks C12.1: Analyze the governance and structure of healthcare institutions.)
- A research-based discussion of which theories may best guide a health care organization in the creation of the culture of a learning organization. To what extent might theories such as Roger’s Diffusion of Innovation be meaningful in the process of becoming a learning organization?
- A research-based discussion of how creating the culture of a learning organization allows health care organizations to structure and maintain fiscally sound staff development. (Benchmarks C12.3: Analyze strategies of fiscally sound staff development.)
- A research-based discussion of how creating the culture of a learning organization allows health care organizations to promote inter-professional teaming and collaboration. (Benchmarks C12.4: Evaluate approaches to inter-professional teaming and collaboration.)