least 1 class per day H u m a n i t i e s
- Part 4. Behavior Intervention Plan and Implementation Design a behavioral intervention plan in a collaborative manner with your target student’s parents, school counselor, paraprofessionals, classroom teacher, other interested parties, and/or the student if appropriate. Together, you should agree on a behavioral objective and methods of the intervention. You also need to identify any supplemental aids or supports, a means to measure, and a long-term plan of support, if needed. Afterward, you need to implement your intervention plan for a minimum of 7 days and collect data at least a class period per day for 7 days.In an approximately 7-page summary address the required information in the following sections:
- Collaborative Intervention Process: Describe the collaborative planning process engaged to develop this BIP. State which 3+ members of the CSE were engaged in development of this plan (teachers, paras, parents, counselor, student). Explain how and when this collaboration happened.
- Intervention Developed: Describe the behavioral objective that has been established and the intervention that has been developed through collaboration. Explain how the intervention (strategies, modifications, adaptations…) will be implemented to support the student. Include how the intervention and behavioral objective will be measured (i.e., what new data will you gather to tell you if the intervention is working?)
- Intervention Data: Describe the data you collected while implementing the intervention and whether the data indicated the intervention is supporting the student effectively, or not.
- State the data collection method you used. (e.g., ABC, Frequency, Duration observations… was collected to monitor….)
- Present the data in an appropriate graph. (Insert Table/Graph)
- Explain the data in the figure and provide your analysis by stating patterns & trends noticed. (This table shows…which suggests…)
- Repeat to present and analyze the data (graph or chart) from each data collection method conducted.
Note– intervention must be implemented and data collected for a minimum of 7+ days, at least 1 class per day for a total of 210 minutes or more. You need sufficient data for 5+ data points to measure progress from baseline, while implementing the intervention.
- Intervention Results: Summarize the Key Findings (patterns & trends noticed) that you revealed above from your explanation and analysis of the data. (Restate the “Findings” of your analysis: Frequency and Duration decreased with intervention. ABC shows that X happens and student is able
to Y…. with the intervention in place. The consequence of the behavior is receiving attention/leaving the room or task…)
- 1) Title page
- 2) Table of contents
- 3) Introduction including (i) your personal philosophy of classroom and behavior managementincluding in-text citations, and (ii) development of this report
- 4) Environmental Assessment (Part1)
- 5) Student Assessment (Part 2)
- 6) Functional Behavior Assessment (Part 3)
- 7) Positive Behavior Interventions and Support Plan (Part 4)
- 8) Conclusion and Personal Reflections
- 9) Reference Page of influencing research articles and authors cited in body of paper
- 10) Appendices (forms and materials you used during data collection, including forms completed bystudents, teachers or family members)