instructions click power manufacturing company B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
To improve retention and overall job satisfaction, analyze PMC’s survey data and develop a strategic plan with recommendations that include best practices to address employee issues for the short and long term.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Analyze key factors that drive employee commitment.
- Analyze possible causes for the top identified issues.
- Examine best practices for achieving high employee commitment.
- Compare own plan to best practices for retention and job satisfaction.
- Develop strategies for cultivating organizational commitment and facilitating employee engagement.
- Develop recommendations for strategies to employ in the short term.
- Develop recommendations for strategies to employ over the long term.
- Communicate human resource management needs, opportunities, and strategies effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for human resource professionals and master’s level programs.
Click Power Manufacturing Company: Job Satisfaction Survey | Transcript multimedia piece for survey results that identify areas of particular concern that require a plan for immediate resolution. In your role as the HR Manager for PMC, you have been tasked by executive leadership with analyzing the survey data and developing a strategic plan to improve PMC’s employee retention and overall job satisfaction.
For the areas of pay satisfaction, career planning, and the accessibility of top management, include the following in your strategic plan to PMC’s executive leadership:
- To assist leadership in their interpretation, analyze possible causes for the top identified issues. Support your analysis with professional resources.
- Develop recommendations for strategies to employ in the short term. What steps or actions can be taken to begin improving retention and job satisfaction within six months? Justify your recommendations with academic, scholarly, or professional sources.
- Develop recommendations for strategies to employ over the long term. What steps or actions can be taken to significantly improve retention and job satisfaction within three years? Justify your recommendations with academic, scholarly, or professional sources.
- Compare your own plan to best practices for retention and job satisfaction. Use course resources to support your comparison.
Your strategic plan should demonstrate graduate-level writing skills through the accurate communication of thoughts that support a central idea and use of correct grammar and mechanics as expected of a human resources professional.