including citation references listed O t h e r
Listen to the audios lecture below while viewing the PowerPoint presentation.
“Briefly” list one new concept, idea, or fact learned from the audio lecture and/or PowerPoint presentation. These journal entries may be very brief: Four – Five sentences are sufficient
2/Listen to the audio lectures below while viewing the PowerPoint presentations.
- Introduction to Bible Facts PPT and accompanyingPlay media comment.Audio Lecture (16 min) [Transcript]
- Canon Inerrancy PPT and accompanyingPlay media comment.Audo Lecture (15 min) [Transcript]
- Overview of Scripture Translations PPT and accompanyingPlay media comment.Audio Lecture (15 min) [Transcript]
- Why Study the Bible: Secular and Christian Perspectives PPT and accompanyingPlay media comment.Audio Lecture (6 min) [Transcript]
“Briefly” list one new concept, idea, or fact learned from the audio lectures and/or PowerPoint presentations. These journal entries may be very brief – Four to Five sentences are sufficient
3/ Listen to the audio lectures below while viewing the Notes where available.
- The Hermeneutical SpiralPlay media comment.Audio Lecture (12:56 min) [Transcript]
- Context, Culture, and Language Notes and accompanyingPlay media comment.Audo Lecture (11:13 min) [Transcript]
- Biblical Interpreation like Science and Art Notes and accompanyingPlay media comment.Audio Lecture (25:45 min) [Transcript]
- Presuppositions about Biblical Interpretation – Part I Play media comment.Audio Lecture (25:07 min) [Transcript]
- Presuppositions about Biblical Interpretation – Part IIPlay media comment.Audio Lecture (26:25 min) [Transcript]
“Briefly” list one new concept, idea, or fact learned from the audio lectures and/or notes. These journal entries may be very brief – Four to Five sentences are sufficient
4/ (1.8) Audio Lectures Forum – Due Thursday / Sunday
No unread replies.No replies.
Audio Lecture forums follow the same convention every week, though the content of the reading changes with new chapters.
Each week you will engage several audio lectures, many of which are tied to specific powerpoint presentations, though some are more akin to a presented with the expectation that learners take notes on the lecture in a traditional note-taking process.
Numerous themes will be covered within the scope of each week’s Audio Lectures. In this forum you will add a new discussion topic to begin your reflection.
From the content of the Lectures, each student will chose two specific themes, names, dates, ideas, or issues learned from the lecture for creating a post in the Audio Lecture Forum. You will be writing your initial response AND responding to classmates’ posts.
From the Two Specific themes/issues the learner has discerned, the learner will conduct simple research on the internet or in the library about the content discerned. Research may use Wikipedia as a source, though since Wikipedia is a basis search landing page, it will not be counted for credit. Sources should include data from “.edu” pages and from the work of sources that are collaborative and not from simple “blogs.” [As an example, Judaism.com is a collaborative site, where jew.blogger.com is a jew.blogspot.com is a lone individual who can not be traced.]
In the initial forum post to the Audio Lecture, learners will affirm: “I have listened to X% the audio lectures for this week” (where X is the percent the student actually engaged.)
Then learners will highlight two themes discerned from the lecture, along with additional notes about extra material they discovered about each issue from their research. Each post about each issue should be a minimum of 150 words, including citation references listed. In this way, initial posts should be a minimum of 300 words. Your initial post should be completed by Thursday midnight of each week (CST).
After the initial post, learners will then reply with engaging content of depth to at least two other learners initial posts. More posts are certainly permitted, though not required as engaging posts of depth count for more points than posts that are shallow in depth.
Total Points = 20