free project management software called libre B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
Consider a recent project that you have worked on. This could be for a company or organization with which you are familiar, or even a personal project such as purchasing a home or planning a family gathering.
After your opening paragraph, which includes your thesis statement, identify your selected company or organization in no more than three paragraphs. Then, complete the following:
*Note: for the charts/diagrams, use MS Word, Excel, Google Docs or Google Sheets. You may also use any other suitable project-based software. A free Project management software called Libre is also available for download here https://sourceforge.net/projects/projectlibre/
- Create either a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of the project or Gantt Chart for planning and scheduling the project. Discuss why you used the type of chart you did.
- Determine and document both probabilistic (t0, tp, and tm) and deterministic time estimates. Discuss how you arrived at these time estimates.
- Using MS Word, Google Docs, or similar software, create a PERT network diagram with the Critical Path (CP) identified.
- Calculate the slack time for each activity. Discuss the ramifications of slack in the CP for the activities and the project as a whole.
- Develop the network diagram from the probability estimates. Discuss which path you would take and why.
- For each activity, determine hypothetical costs in a table. Include budgeted costs, percent complete, actual/projected cost, and over/under budget (and total). Discuss the rationale for how you derived these costs.
- Crash an activity on the Critical Path. Discuss the ramifications of crashing the activity you crashed.
- Your assignment is required to be 8-9 pages in length, which does not include the title page and reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Charts/diagrams should be labeled and can be added within the body of your paper.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least four scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Formatted according to APA 7th edition.