foundational competenciesthis assignment provides documentation H e a l t h M e d i c a l
The purpose of this assignment is for the student to provide an understanding of health inequalities and how public health policy and evidence-based practices advance and address these inequalities to create equality to the population-at-large.
- CO 5: Identify the roles of law and government public health agencies in promoting and protecting the health of the public.
- CO 6: Practice planning, implementing, and evaluating public health interventions.
- CO 7: Identify roles in emergency and disaster preparedness and response activities.
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following foundational competencies:
- FC 6: Explain the critical importance of evidence in advancing public health.
- FC 10: Explain the social, political and economic determinants of health and how they contribute to population health and health inequities.
Submit your completed application by Sunday, 11:59 pm (MT), end of Week 7 as directed.
- The Policy and Health Inequity Assignment is worth 150 points and will be graded on quality of writing, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
- Create your essay using Microsoft Word.
- Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your assignment may be posted under the Q & A Forum.
- The length of the paper is to be no less than 2 pages and no greater than 3 pages excluding title page and reference pages.
- APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headings (upper and lower case, centered, boldface):
Note: Introduction—write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association.
Preparing Your Policy and health Inequity Assignment
For the purpose of this paper:
This assignment is for you to provide an understanding related to health inequalities and how public health policy and evidence-based practices advance and address these inequalities to create equality to the population-at-large.
- Brief introduction of the purpose of the paper.
- Describe a significant aspect of health inequality (e.g., children of different races having different school outcomes; health outcomes of lower socioeconomic individuals; homeless and the linkage of mental illness).
- Describe how this health inequality contributes to the health of the population-at-large.
Policy and Evidence to Address Inequality:
- Describe a public health policy that has been implemented to address the health inequity.
- Describe the level of policy implementation (e.g., local, state, or national) and describe the challenges of achieving health equity at the organizational, community and societal levels.
- Describe how evidence-based practice or implementation of new public health program has been used to advance awareness and address the health inequality and improve the health of the population-at-large.
- Provide a brief summation of your thoughts related to health inequalities and how public health policy and evidence-based practices advance and address these inequalities to create equality to the population-at-large.