facilitate breastfeeding initiation rates within four weeks H e a l t h M e d i c a l
Project topic: For immediate postpartum mothers 19 years and older, will the implementation ofeducation and immediate support provider-driven mother-newborn uninterrupted skin-to-skin contact within the first 24 hours after birth lasted for sixty minutes compared to current practice, facilitate breastfeeding initiation rates within four weeks?
The purpose of this assignment is to apply critical problem-solving skills to propose a solution for an identified practice problem.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Use at least three scholarly research sources included in your 30 selected articles. Provide citations and references for all sources used.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please Review the rubric prior to the beginning to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Reflect on the Implementation into Practice assignment that identified gaps between research findings and the implementation of those findings into practice. For this assignment, build on that previous research to identify a specific area of patient practice (e.g., acute care hospital, clinic, primary care, long-term care, home health) related to your project where process improvement would be beneficial. The need for process improvement could be on account of the gap between the implementation of research findings into practice or could be related to other issues, such as specific disease processes or administrative issues.
Once the topic has been identified, summarize relevant research, create an action plan to improve the process, and formulate potential methods for evaluating the effectiveness of the process changes. Research should be evidence-based and, where possible, pulled from the 30 articles selected for your literature review.
In a concise case report of 500-750 words, include the following:
- Introduction – Include a problem statement that addresses the patient practice process in need of improvement.
- Brief synthesized review of relevant evidence-based literature.
- Description of the case/situation/conditions.
- Action plan that outlines proposed solutions to improve gaps or inefficiencies based on the research, as well as methods for mitigating potential barriers to implementation.
- Conclusion – Include a proposal for evaluating the effectiveness of the recommended changes.
DNP Nursing Practice
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency:
5.1 Apply analytic methods to critically appraise existing literature and other evidence to identify and implement health care best practices.