earn 2bonus points per discussion board H u m a n i t i e s
Bonus points: Discussion board postings: Students who post their original responses to the discussion boardprompts at least a day before the due date, will earn 2bonus points per discussion board.
Take advantage of this! These points will be tallied for a maximum of 2% bonus for the course.
Please DO NOT Start this discussion until you have completely read chapters 9 and 10. I want you to have the basics before you engage with this material.
Read the attached power point or watch the zoom lecture:
Power point attached below
- Read this article on topic of gender: https://indiancountrytoday.com/archive/two-spirits-one-heart-five-genders-9UH_xnbfVEWQHWkjNn0rQQ (Links to an external site.)
- Watch this video regarding intersection of race and gender and maternal/infant mortality: (43 minute video) https:// class=”screenreader-only”> (Links to an external site.)
- Do the IAT test: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html (Links to an external site.)
- Here’s a link to a video explanation of the test:https:// class=”screenreader-only”> (Links to an external site.)
- Write about the following: Separate out your responses to each prompt into a separate paragraphs.
- Do the IAT test: and select one test from the list (race, ethnic group, gender…). Which test did you do and what did you learn about yourself? (1 points)
- Your reaction to the article (“Two spirits one heart, five genders…”).
- Think about what you have learned from the powerpoint/zoom lecture (and chapters 9/10) and apply at least 2 terms/concepts/theories to demonstrate your informed perspective in how they relate to the article while adding in your personal perspective on the article. (2 point).
- After watching Death by Delivery video write:
- Using the linked powerpoint materials below, discuss the intersectionality of race, gender, SES, and location impact on material/infant health and mortality in the video. (2 point)
- How do race and gender impact health outcomes due to COVID-19? Provide one link to a scientific/social sciences journal regarding to support your perspective. (1 point)
- Pose a question to your classmates regarding any of these topics. (1 point)
- Respond to 3 student questions AND reflect on what they wrote. (3 points total)