docx ]. additional requirementsyour paper H u m a n i t i e s
Final Analysis of a Selected Test
This assignment is a culmination of the previous assignments you have completed during this course. In this assignment, you will synthesize your previous research as well as conduct research on the final element in the Code, Element 9. Element 9 states that a test user, “evaluate(s) the available evidence on the performance of test takers of diverse subgroups . . . determine(s) to the extent feasible which performance differences may have been caused by factors unrelated to the skills being assessed.” Together, the previous course assignments and this current one involving Element 9 will provide you with the data, research, and literature reviews across all nine elements of the Code to assist your decision-making process about the appropriate selection of a test.
For this final assignment:
- Locate reviews or research related to how Element 9 applies to your selected test. If the research or reviews do not address this element in any way, then you will need to cite the references you reviewed and note that they were lacking in in addressing this element, drawing appropriate conclusions for when a test is lacking such evidence.
- Synthesize all of the data and information you gathered on your selected test throughout the course and identify highlights, both positive and negative, both advantages and disadvantages, according to all nine elements of the Code. See the link in the resources about the Meaning of Synthesis.
- Evaluate your selected test based on these data and draw a conclusion about whether it is a test that you would select, recommend, or even defend, if necessary in practice. Note: You should not merely copy and paste your earlier assignments for the final paper. Instead you will be synthesizing the research you completed for each element into a summary of that element that you will offer in support of your final evaluation. (For example, note that the technical quality element (that is, Element 5) will be only a synthesis and evaluation and not a repeat of the annotated bibliography you completed in Unit 5.)
- Identify the strengths or weaknesses for each element, and determine if the information about that element supports (or opposes) the use of your selected test in the field and population to be served.
- Incorporate recommendations about ways to improve the selected test.
- Review all of your evaluations for each element and recommended improvements to the test, and write an overall evaluation and determination about the use of your selected test. Would you recommend this test to a school district or business that you are employed as a consultant? Would you be able to defend the use of this test in a court proceeding?
Instructions for the content of the paper are in the template located in the Resources. Write your assignment using the u09a1 Assignment Template [DOCX].
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- References: A minimum of nine references. These may include journal articles, literature reviews, MMY reviews, and publisher websites. At least five of the nine references must be from professional journals. It is likely and appropriate that many of these references and citations were included in one or more of your previous assignments. Alternatively, you may want to supplement your paper with current, peer-viewed journal articles you located after completing an earlier assignment. Those inclusions would also be acceptable.
- Length of paper: At least six pages (not including title page, abstract, or references).
The test choose are:
Achenbach System of Empirically Based Assessment
BASC-3 Behavioral and Emotional Screening System (BASC-3 BESS)
Conner’s Comprehensive Behavior Rating Scales