course • lecture slides cannot H u m a n i t i e s
You will compose an autobiography in which you will reflect upon 2 key experiences in your
educational journey. Specifically, you will focus on naming and identifying the different
factors (i.e. funding, bilingual education, special education, etc.) that influenced or impacted
the educational experiences you choose to reflect on in this assignment. The purpose of this
assignment is to name and analyze the social, historical, and political factors that have
impacted your education. You are expected to draw upon your community mapping
assignment to inform your autobiography. The community mapping assignment will help
you describe the context in which you were educated in (i.e. community, school, and home).
However, you cannot copy and paste directly from your community mapping assignment
(points will be deducted). Your autobiography must be 5 pages in length, double-spaced, 1
inch margins, and include 5 references from the course.
1. Identify two significant experiences in your K-12 educational journey.
2. Which key concepts or theories from the course help you name and understand each
experience more fully?
3. How did these experiences shape or impact your educational trajectory?
4. How, if at all, did these experiences shape or influence your beliefs or perceptions about
5. What can educators learn from your educational experiences moving forward?
– Cover Letter with your name, discussion section number (not included in the length of
your paper, and indicate if you would like feedback on your final paper. If you do not
state that you would like feedback, your paper will be graded but no feedback will be
– 5 pages (minimum and maximum)
– 1 inch margins
– Numbered pages
– APA formatting (references, in-text citation and cover page)
– Reference page (not included in the length of your paper)
– Include 5 readings from the course
• Lecture slides cannot be used to meet this requirement
• Data from your community mapping assignment can be included, but will not
count towards your 5 required references.
• Your careful and intentional integration of relevant course readings and concepts
will also be evaluated.