content expectationsthe redesign expectations explain W r i t i n g
This assignment requires you to make connections between high-quality assessment and learning and innovation skills. Additionally, using the Framework for 21st Century learning (Links to an external site.) as a resource, you will redesign or modify a prior activity from one of your courses in the master’s program. There are several approaches you could take with this assignment.
The Redesign expectations explain what you are required to do with the prior coursework you choose to redesign. The Summary expectations are for the separate written portion of this assignment.
- Redesign – Alignment and Mastery (1 Point): Redesign an instructional plan with assessment plans embedded throughout, or a full assessment plan as noted above including a summative assessment that could be selected to include alignment between specific skills, CCSS, and objectives and includes criteria for mastery.
- Redesign – Learning and Innovation Skills (1 Point): Redesign an instructional plan with assessment plans embedded throughout, or a full assessment plan as noted above including a summative assessment that could be selected to include specific learning and innovation skills (Links to an external site.) from either/each of; creativity and innovation (Links to an external site.), critical thinking and problem solving (Links to an external site.), and/or communication and collaboration (Links to an external site.).
- Summary – Introduction/Conclusion (1 Point): A one paragraph introduction to a summary that concisely presents the scope and organization of the summary writing, as well as a one paragraph conclusion that recaps your summary’s key points.
- Summary – Modification (2 Points): In one paragraph summarize the changes you made to your activity to meet the redesign expectations for this assignment. Explicitly state how your redesign assignment provides evidence of mastery of at least two PLO’s from your master’s program.
- Summary – Evaluation (2 Points): In one paragraph, evaluate how your assessment promotes Learning
& Innovation Skills, assess how it could be used as a tool for ongoing evaluation of student progress, and evaluate how it could be used as a guide for teacher and student decision making.
- Summary – Reflection (1 Point): Summarize, in one paragraph, your experience with the redesign in terms of challenges you encountered and how you overcame those challenges.
THis will help with the assignment
Technology is moving at a steep trajectory these days. Although the types of technology available today varies from the past “latest and greatest” and the unseen future tech, the principles of incorporating it remain the same. Consider taking a moment to review Computer-Based Assessment and Instruction: Technology for Teaching and Learning (Links to an external site.) from the Center on Technology and Disability (2009). Once you get past your laugh on the retro palm pilots and cd-roms, consider how these principles apply to today’s apps and devices.
Center on Technology and Disability. (2009). Computer-based assessment and instruction: Technology for teaching and learning
Retrieved from http://ctdinstitute.org/sites/default/files/file_a…
This announcement is closed for comments