assignment )( 10 %) writing mechanics W r i t i n g
Essay Title: An Interview with ____(Name)______ on ___(OSCM Topics)__
One of the learning outcomes is to understand the role of operations and supply chain in an organization and its interactions with business functions such as accounting, finance, and marketing, etc. For this assignment, you shall conduct an oral or written interview with a professional to investigate how operations and supply chain activities affect his/her responsibilities in the organization. The topics must be related to the topics covered in BA360.
The professional must be related to you. She/he can be a family member, a relative, a current/former boss, a client/contractor doing business with you, a friend, a friend’s parent, a co-worker/colleague, etc. The professional does not need to be in the OSCM areas, but their responsibilities shall interact with OSCM. The person can be a store manager, entrepreneur, engineer, scientist, project manager, event planner, accountant, etc.
You shall develop FIVE interview questions from the knowledge learned in this class. The five questions shall be customized to fit the interviewee’s position and experience. Below are some sample questions to help you get started. You may select no more than three questions from the following list or develop all questions on your own.
- How is the sales forecast done? What kind of data is considered for sales forecasts?
- What kind of OSCM people that you interact with within your company or outside of your company?
- What are the customer benefit packages (i.e. tangible and intangible products/services; core and peripheral)?
- How do you determine whom and where to source materials and services? What risks do you face?
- Are you interested in using analytics to determine OSCM policy? What issues would you like to be addressed using analytical tools?
- Are you interested in using technologies to automate some processes? What benefits would you like the automation to bring? What are the concerns?
- Are there inefficient processes that negatively affect your performance?
(5%) Format requirements
- 1000 words with a font size of 12 and single spacing
- Use the essay template provided here.
- Save your report in Word or PDF file, using only your RedID as the file name (e.g. 881601727.docx; do not add any other things to the name) and upload the file to Bb by the deadline. (One submission chance only, no substitution.)
- To submit the assignment file, click on the assignment title and a new screen will open. Click on “Browse My Computer” to select the file from your computer. You will see the file listed under the Attached Files. Then click on “Submit”. You don’t need to add comments. You must submit the file via Blackboard. Email submission is not accepted.
(35%) Quality of the questions (relevant to the chapter(s), insightful, application of materials learned)
(50%) Quality of the answers (response specific from the interviewee/company and to the five questions asked; overall conclusion/reflection on the assignment)
(10%) Writing mechanics (Use complete sentences, not bullet points. No typo or grammar error.)