“ application service provider ” world B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
Q – 1 (Chapter 12: Budget Planning) (1.5 Page APA format no plagiarism)
Reflect on the assigned readings for Week 11 and then type a two page paper regarding what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding. Define and describe what you thought was worthy of your understanding in half a page, and then explain why you felt it was important, how you will use it, and/or how important it is in project planning.
Q-2 ( 1.5 Page APA format no plagiarism)
1. Why is cost estimation such an important component of project planning? Discuss how it links together with the Work Breakdown Structure and the project schedule.
2. Suppose your organization used function point analysis to estimate costs for software projects. How would the expertise level of a recently hired programmer affect your calculation of their function points on a monthly basis when compared to an older, more experienced programmer?
Q-3 ( 1.5 Page APA format no plagiarism)
Chapter 5: Estimating Project Times and Costs
Chapter 6: Developing a Project Plan
Reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- Why is it difficult to estimate mega project (i.e., costs and benefits (i.e. airports, stadiums, etc.) costs and benefits?
- Define what a “white elephant” is in project management? Provide a real-life example.
- Why bother creating a WBS? Why not go straight to a project network and forget the WBS?
Q-4 ( 1.5 Page APA format no plagiarism)
Read the Case ” Advantage Energy Technology Data Center Migration – Part A” at the end of the chapter 6 and response to the following questions:
Brian Smith, network administrator at Advanced Energy Technology (AET), has been given the responsibility of implementing the migration of a large data center to a new office location. Careful planning is needed because AET operates in the highly competitive petroleum industry. AET is one of five national software companies that provide an accounting and business management package for oil jobbers and gasoline distributors. A few years ago, AET jumped into the “application service provider” world. Their large data center provides clients with remote access to AET’s complete suite of application software systems. Traditionally, one of AET’s primary competitive advantages has been the company’s trademark IT reliability. Due to the complexity of this project, Brian will have to use a parallel method of implementation. Although this will increase project costs, a parallel approach is essential if reliability is not to be compromised.
(Rest of case not shown due to length.)
- Generate a priority matrix for AET’s system move.
- Develop a WBS for Brian’s project. Include duration (days) and predecessors
- Using a project planning tool, generate a network diagram for this project.
Note: Base your plan on the following guidelines: eight-hour days, five-day weeks except for when Brian moves the network components over a weekend, no holiday breaks, March 1, 2010, is the project start date. Ordering Ventilation System, New Racks, and Power Supplies/Cables takes only one actual day of work. The remaining days are the time necessary for the vendors to fill and ship the order to Brian. So, use Finish to Start lags here. Assume that five days after the start of the Renovation of the Data Center that the raised floor will be ready for inspection (a Start-to-Start lag).